Get a peak behind the scenes on how I research, organize, and script my fortnightly WordPress podcast. You’ll see my system for tracking stories, keeping the format straight, and the apps I use, including Craft for research and Descript for recording, editing, and uploading!
I put each show together slightly differently, especially since WP Review doesn’t have any guests (most of the time). Here’s what I’ll generally do:
- Collect stories using Craft. Craft has great share support across Apple devices, so I’ll usually grab stores and save them to a “Stories to Cover” document.
- On record days, I’ll select 3-4 stories to talk about, making one the “main segment.”
- The main segment is scripted because I want to make sure I’m covering all the points I want to hit. It’s repurposed as a blog post.
- When it comes time to record, I have a project in Descript I work from. I’ll record there, add the bumper music, and make any edits I need. My Rodecaster Pro is configured so the sound is usually where I want it to be.
- From Descript, I can publish directly to Castos, where the episode is hosted. Then I move it over to WordPress, and tell the world!
Learn how podcast pros produce their shows…
…and how you can improve yours.
One breakdown, delivered to your inbox weekly.
Learn the tools and processes used by top podcasters and reclaim hours of your life every week.